Monday, May 30, 2016

My Day so Far--Psalm 107:1

7:00AM
Yes, I slept in some..
Clothes went in the washer very early...someone said they were out of socks...
We had breakfast earlier than usual...not much supper last night.  The reason being we at lunch yesterday kind of late, so weren't very hungry last night.  Off schedule...

Put on a fresh pot of pinto beans...they are so good.  There are pinto beans and there are pinto beans.  Right now, we have been finding dry beans grown in Colorado.  When we were up north, we would buy beans from Wyoming..so good. However, now we can find Colorado beans at the Lowe's supermarket.  I don't know what makes them different...maybe they are just fresher.  A new crop as they say.

Anyway, I made biscuits.  I have a recipe that I have been using, it calls for buttermilk, and guess what?  No buttermilk. So I made the buttermilk substitute...they turned out great!  What I learned...I don't need to buy buttermilk for the biscuits.  But, I do need it for the Buttermilk Pie.

Went outside to check the FG.  One squash plant had been chewed off!  And some new morning glories were gone, gone.  I guess the It ate them.  Doctored some fire ants.  Pulled a little grass out from around the rocks.  It always does good.

After that, I mixed up the plain cake.  It is in the oven, but I forgot to set the timer right away, so I will have to watch it closely.  I think I was about 5 minutes late in starting it.

Yesterday we went over the mountain for worship. Two great lesson on Galatians 5 and 6.

1 comment:

  1. Have you caught It yet?? Glad you got to go over the mountain!

    ReplyDelete