Saturday, February 28, 2015

From Table Cloth to Place Mats

As I said before, I just didn't like the fabric as a tablecloth...so now I have fabric for the quilt that I will start and for place mats.  But as with everything I try to make, the binding just doesn't look right or go on right...:(

After researching Pinterest...:)....I found something new to try.  Be the judge...I think it turned out pretty good for the first time.
Getting ready to turn and reveal
The result
The corners!
I must say---I am kind of amazed that they really turned out...after you turn it, you stick your middle in and sew around where the two colors meet.  http://www.patchworkposse.com/self-binding-napkin-tutorial/#_a5y_p=2911935    Here is one site that I used for help...but what really helped was a youtube video. 

Front and Back


1 comment: