Friday, October 18, 2013

New "Toy" in the Kitchen

I have been looking for over a year....off and on for a dutch oven.  Not a big one, but a smaller one.  I wanted one that would cook for 2 or 4 people.  Now did I need it?  No.  It was purely a want item.  Now to justify buying this 2.8 quart enamel cast iron Corcinaware.  I wanted something that I would use on  the stove top and move to the oven...the side panel said yes to that "want".  But just look at the color...there were so many pretty bright colors, but this one won out.  What were they thinking in the 60's, 70's, and 80's?  Just look at the colors they worked with.  Now go on back to the 50's and there are some brighter colors, but nothing like today.

It may have been a weak moment when I bought it, but I am happy with the first results that I cooked in my new dutch oven.  Just take a look.
French Bread ready for the oven
French Bread out of the oven
French Bread out of the Dutch
Yes, I know French bread is a long loaf, but I wanted to see how it would work in the Dutch oven...it came
out great.

Now I am trying to think of something else to cook in my new "toy".



2 comments:

  1. YUMMY!!!! Can you post the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bread turned out great!!! Glad you are enjoying your new toy!!! AC

    ReplyDelete