Friday, July 22, 2016

OK -- So I Fried Oatmeal

Yes, I did and it is TDF...ha ha I wouldn't say it is to die for, but it turned out better than I thought.

You see I had 4 patty pan squash that need to be fixed.  I looked on Pinterest for Squash tots, yes they are out there, so I decided to try them.  Well, to start with, I thought I had bread crumbs, but I guess I just thought about buying them.  Anyway, I needed something to glue the shredded squash together.  Ahhh, oatmeal.  Mom always added moist oatmeal to the meatloaf..., so that should work.  In goes the wet oatmeal, 1 egg, seasoning. (I should have used dry oatmeal)  Things were pretty wet.  After draining some of the liquid off, I dropped about a tablespoon into a sprayed skillet, topped with a sprinkle of cheese.  Browned well then finally got them turned over and added another small sprinkle of cheese.  Cooked until well browned. They were not crisp and also they were a little mushy..but oh well,  believe it or not the oatmeal taste was only in one of the patties that was a little thick.  They were actually pretty good...or was I just desperate for some food.  No, I was not desperate, but they did taste good.  The squash was still a little crunchy ... I am also cooking some in the oven...which will be better?  Time will tell.

Until later.

1 comment:

  1. Cute tile! I use dry oatmeal in hamburgers sometimes--we can't taste it and can't see it! Glad you liked your squash!

    ReplyDelete