Friday, January 16, 2015

Dishwasher Troubles

Can it be the little dishwashing packets?  I don't know for sure, but....

About a month or 2 ago, the dishwasher started filling...then it would empty and "post" an OE on the screen.  Of course, I googled  what it could mean.  Some various answers came up, but one I liked was the filter was clogged....we have very hard water, so I started spraying the filter that is inside the machine with vinegar, and after about 3 tries, the washer would run.  THEN, I read on a blog that the little packets may not be the best for the washer.  I ran a dishwasher cleaner and soak...but still had the problem.   I ran another cleaner and soak earlier this week.  On Thursday I bought the old powder kind of soap..last night I used it for the first time.  The washer started the 2nd time.  This morning it started the first time.  Yea!  Now, before I become to excited, I want to see if it will run right for say a week.  Then I will be excited.

One reason I also questioned the packets, was I found that the ones I use in the laundry do not dissolve very well.  I have been poking them and letting the soap out, but then I am left holding this little bit of  ? plastic that goes down the drain?  So, have they been slow to dissolve in the dishwasher and don't clear out thus causing an error read.  I don't know, but I guess time will tell.  I really do like the little packets...

2 comments:

  1. That is interesting. Does the water not get hot enough to dissolve the packets?I don't even know if thats what dissolves them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little packets are so convenient...

    ReplyDelete