Saturday, November 30, 2013

Saturday Tid Bits-Before and After of a Purse

What to do with my old purse.  I liked my yellow purse.  I think it was the first colorful purse I had ever owned.  You know ..black, brown, beige.  Oh and maybe white...so this was a pretty bold step.  But things happen.  Pens leak, and I have had that problem with more than one purse.  The last leak was at my daughter's house and I hope she is still not finding ink marks where I set my purse down.

So how to re-purpose my purse.  The only thing I could think that I needed was a new bible cover.  Ok, would it fit? Let's take a look.
My yellow purse
A nice big section on the back ( I have a small bible) But wait, just look at what is on the front.
Pockets
Hmmm, for my new purse, I could use a coin purse and a cell phone holder, or a pen holder....Anyway, this fake leather is so easy to cut with scissors and there are no ravels.  While I was at it, I took an idea from my son-in-law/daughter and kept the heavy duty zipper and the other hardware.   Never know when they may be needed.
Here are the finished products..
I am excited about the coin purse.  The bottom of my purse is always full of coins. Now, they will be contained and I will be able to find what I need.
Bible cover, cell phone holder, coin purse



Bible cover

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Those look great! You did a great job! And now you have three yellow things! Go buy another colorful purse....green, pink, purple, teal...I am sure there is one that you will like! AC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job!!!!!! Love them!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete