Thursday, December 10, 2015

Pre-Cooked Pizza Cups

I decided to try some pre-cooked Pizza cups..I wanted to have them handy when some little ones wanted lunch or a snack. From years ago, I had used  Betty Crocker's Pizza dough recipe. http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/gold-medal-classic-pizza-dough/d632c4ca-8d14-4ce2-8ed3-1cd1e871c6b7 Going on line, since I had lost the recipe, I found their Classic Pizza dough recipe.  It takes just a few minutes to mix, and then 20 minutes to sit.  Much faster than the pizza dough I use now. 

First I turned over the muffin pan, sprayed the bottom ends and then put muffin cup papers over the ends and sprayed again.  By now, 20 minutes were up.  I pre-heated the oven to 425 degrees and started cutting small pieces of dough...working them around with floured hands and dropping them over the prepared cups...it worked great.   I cooked until just done.  About 15 to 20 minutes.  And they turned out great, just waiting to be filled with pizza makings and warmed.  Spray well, or the dough will stick to the papers.

Resting Pizza dough
Upside down muffin pan
Baked
No sticking to the muffin pan
Papers removed--BUT the papers must be sprayed all over or dough will stick to muffin papers
Now I have 10 Pizza cups ready to go...fill as much as I want with blended vegges, cheese, and meat...Taste test to come...

2 comments: