Saturday, January 10, 2015

It's Freezing, Raining, and Time to Stay In

Yes, we are in Central Texas, but as it happens sometimes, we have winter.  Not the bitter north weather that goes on and on, but the South Texas "bitter winter weather"...Yes, it does feel cold down here, sometimes I think it feels colder than the north.  Maybe it is because we don't put on winter clothing like we did in the North.  Anyway you look at it, it is freezing, 28 degrees, and the rain is freezing on the trees and mountains.

I have two different breads rising in the oven.  One is a rustic and this is the first time I have made it.  I set the dough last night...should be interesting.  The others are the Fay rolls...so easy and quick.  They are good as soon as they come out of the oven with jelly and butter.  Did I say butter, that should be Buuuutttter with a southern drawl.

Here are my flowers for a winter day.

1 comment: