Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Colleen's Banana Nut Cake

I have also had this recipe for a long time..it makes a nice large banana bundt cake.  Stop right here if you don't like a cake full of sugar.  It has over 2 cups of sugar.
Since it is a foggy morning and I don't want to do any painting or cleaning, it was requested that I make this cake.

Ingredients:
3 large or 4 small bananas
2 1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Put sugar over bananas and mix then add other ingredients
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs slightly beaten
1/4 cup sour cream
Mix------
Stir together 2 cups flour, 1 tsp. soda, 1/2 tsp. salt, 2 cups chopped nuts

Instructions:
Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and mix by hand. Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan.  Cook 1 hour 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
(Note:  I use bananas that I have in the freezer----usually just 2)
(Note:  after it cooked----it stuck, so do whatever works for you to keep a cake from sticking)

1 comment:

  1. I have to half the sugar for the Germans! Haha! AC

    ReplyDelete