Monday, July 8, 2013

Cowpen Daisy

What a name!  It is really not a bad looking plant, and the one I have is just loaded with yellow daisy like flowers.  But really!  Cowpen daisy?  Couldn't they have thought up a better name?  I just finished gathering some seeds and sprinkled them around the front of the house in what I call the flower bed.  So far, there is nothing in it but a sick verbena, the wild kind.
The reason for planting this flower in the flower bed is that all spring it has bloomed and grown.  Did I say grown? Yes, the deer dear have not touched it....so there, it is cowpen daisies in the front yard.  Well, they are not growing yet.  That is to be seen if I can domesticate them.
http://uvalde.tamu.edu/herbarium/forbs-common-name-index/cowpen-daisy/

1 comment:

  1. I am sure they will grow!! I did not even know that there were cowpen daisies--yes, that is an interesting name!! AC

    ReplyDelete