Friday, July 26, 2013

Coconut Macaroons - So Easy



Nice and golden

Cookie top

Cookie Bottom



Companies Coming so the cook is in the kitchen stirring this and that and cleaning and washing this and that...what would it be like to live in the good old days?  You know when there was no electricity, no running water, and no air conditioners....I am afraid I can not say that I would miss those days...Yes life was simpler, but life can be simple now...it is our choice how and what we do with what we have.

So on to the cookies.  A friend made these little cookies for a church get together and everyone loved them...she said they were easy, but I did not realize how easy until I made some.

Coconut Macaroons

Prep:  10 minutes plus cooling
Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown...but not to brown

1 pkg (7 oz) Baker's Angel Flake coconut
1/3 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. flour
1/8 tsp. salt
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp. almond extract

Mix coconut, sugar, flour and salt in a large bowl.  STIR in egg whites and extract until well blended.  Drop by tablespoonfuls on greased and floured cookie sheets. Instead,  I used parchment paper with very little spay.  I used one large sheet and put them fairly close together.  They do not spread. 
REMOVE immediately and cool on a rack.
Makes 16 cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment